Part 1: Backup and Restore Contacts on iPhone via iTunes
With the traditional way, you can back up and restore them via iTunes. iTunes will help you create a full backup for almost all your content except the contacts.
Backing up iPhone including contacts:
1. Connect your iPhone or other Apple devices to your Mac or PC.
2. Launch iTunes if does not open automatically.
3. Click on the small iPhone icon in the top left corner. Sometimes the device summary may not show on some devices.
4. Click ‘Back Up Now’.
Restoring iPhone including contacts:
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to your PC.
2. Right-click your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under the devices list and click ‘Restore Backup’.
3. Select the latest backup entry according to the recent dates.
4. Click Restore.
Restoring your backup will erase all media tracks currently existing on your iPhone.
Part 2: Backup and Restore Contacts on iPhone via iCloud
Using iCloud is another trusted method of backing up and restoring your contact information. To restore the contacts, calendars, and reminders, Apple owns the iCloud options for you too. You can keep your contacts safe using an Apple account.
To back up iPhone including contacts:
1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup on your iOS device.
2. Make sure you are on a WiFi connection and tap Back Up Now.
To restore iPhone including contacts:
1. Go to Settings -> General -> Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings”.
2. On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to your iCloud account.
3. Then select one from a list of all backups in your account. (You can go to Settings -> [your name] -> iCloud -> Storage -> Manage Storage (or Settings -> iCloud -> Storage -> Manage Storage) to see the date and size of its latest backup.)
- The restoration process only restores those contacts already saved and backed up in your iPhone. The current ones will be missing with this process.
- Meanwhile, the free iCloud storage is limited to 5G which means that you cannot make a complete backup if it is full.
If you can’t sync with iTunes and want to rescue data from a disabled iPhone, you could try Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. Also feel free to ask questions on the iDevice is a disabled error in the comments section below.
Quickly create powerful videos for ads, promos, YouTube, intros, and more from our library of 5000+ customizable templates.
Convert text to video, 50+ AI-powered themes to choose from, created to convert text-based content to videos in just 3 simple steps.
With InVideo, everyone can create great-looking pro videos that engage better, deliver more leads and save time. Our library of 5000+ templates, transitions, and effects is here to help you create videos easily, quickly, and efficiently. No download required. Get Started For Free!