1. Reset Home Screen Layout
You can also reset your home screen layout if your Notes icon disappeared. To do this, head on to \”Settings\” > \”General\” > \”Reset\” > \”Reset Home Screen Layout\”. Doing this will bring Notes icon back on the home screen. Check if this has worked. If not, there must be another problem. Just move on the next solution.
2. Using Search Feature to Find Notes App
Sometimes you may not find the Note app when you put it in a particular folder especially when there are many apps and folders on your iPhone screen. The search feature can help you finding the app quickly when you find your Notes icon is missing in your iPhone (at least you think so). You just need to swipe down the screen from the top. Type and look for \”Notes\”. The feature will show the result and you will be able to find the app. For example, in the image below, you can find the Note icon is the \”Productivity\” folder.
3. Reinstall the Notes App
When the Note app disappeared, the easiest way to get the app back is reinstalling it. This is only possible if you have earlier enabled the Notes app in the iCloud setting. That means your notes have already synced to iCloud. Reinstalling will recover all your Notes if the app is synced with iCloud. Here are the steps for this.
- Open \”App Store\” and touch on \”Search\”.
- Type \”Notes\” and look for the app.
- Subsequently, re-download it and launch the re-installed app.
- Tap on \”Go to Settings\” to let the app direct to iCloud.
- Enable Notes in iCloud settings and your notes will recover.
4. Reset All Settings
Here is another and the most common fix to try and it has worked in nearly all issues. Reset your settings by going to \”Settings\” > \”General\” > \”Reset\” > \”Reset All Settings\”. Enter the passcode and tap \”Reset All Settings\” once again to verify the action.
5. Restore with iTunes or iCloud
You can either restore your device with iTunes or iCloud if your Notes app is missing on iPhone. However, the solution can’t be considered as the ideal one but, you will get a few of your notes back at least, but all the other data will be overwritten with the backup.
- Open iTunes on PC and connect iPhone with PC using USB cord.
- Click on the phone icon at the top and go to the \”Summary\” tab.
- Now, hit on \”Restore Backup\” and you will get your Notes app back.
- You need to erase all settings first. Just head to \”Settings\” > \”General\” > \”Reset\” > \”Erase All Contents and Settings\”.
- Now, reboot the device and then touch on \”Restore from iCloud Backup\” followed by signing in to iCloud.
- After this, tap \”Choose backup\” and select the backup from the list of available backups.
- The Settings and accounts will be restored from iCloud backup and the device will restart and will download your purchased music, apps, photos etc. This way, your Notes app will also be recovered.
We offered you some easy and helpful fixes you can go for when Notes icon is missing on your iPhone. Notes, as we mentioned in the beginning, is one useful app and many people get depend on it to store some important details and information. Losing it or finding the Notes icon disappeared can be frustrating. Thus, we made an effort to provide the best you can do in the situation. Hope you found this post useful.
Gihosoft Photo Eraser Erase unwanted objects and perfect your amazing photos!
If you lost data after you updated to a new iPhone, you can always use Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to get the data back from the old iPhone or backup.
Jihosoft Photo Eraser
Free iTunes/iPhone Backup Extractor for iPhone, iPad
iPhone Backup Extractor – Extract Data from iPhone Backup
Jihosoft Android Data Recovery: the best Android Data Recovery software for Windows and Mac to recover deleted contacts, messages, photos, videos, WhatsApp and etc from Android devices.
Gihosoft Android data recovery Free is a super awesome software specialized in Android file recovery. With this program, you are able to recover deleted photos, music, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp messages, Viber chat history and more from Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, Google, Oneplus, Sony, Lenovo, ZTE and other Android devices directly.
You may also like: online youtube downloader